Saturday, October 30, 2010

OP shopping reveals hidden treasures.

I've been really busy with school stuff lately. I have had assignments everywhere which tends to make me become reclusive as I absolutely HATE any sort of disorganisation in my life. Everything, in its order, planned, controlled, predictable. Yes, I should really remove that pole sometime soon! Anyway, assignments are now under control which is a huge relief and I am almost finished. One subject left to go which focuses on a team project so while its not one I can hand in early, its not like a few extra weeks is the end of the world.

I have been awake and alert from about 3 am a few times this week. Back pain has been taking its toll, and the bed just makes the problem worse so I get up and walk around the house. I took this photo the other morning, the sunrise at slightly after 4 am. I was watching it come up while I was writing my book (sounds corny I know, but one day it will see print!) and decided to head out with the kangaroos and take a couple of snaps. 



This week, aside from finishing up the majority of my school stuff, I made the second living area into a kid friendly play room. I went OP shopping which is awesome fun and picked up the lounge set and tv unit second hand. I have to say, I am happy with it! Thing is, when it comes to kids, dealing with spilled food, spew, drinks, dirty feet etc etc, there is NO POINT in buying anything fancy. I will save that to the day I have a house to enjoy without potential destruction from children, AND till I can afford it! But until then, the kids now have their own living area with all their toys and mind numbing things that is away from adult space so we don't always have to be on top of eachother. 


When I went OP Shopping I found a BEAUTIFUL antique chest of drawers. I LOVE antique things. It needs to be sanded down and re painted, but it is going to look amazing and just be perfect as a set of drawers for the baby clothes. It is currently missing a drawer as one is ready to go to the local hardware so we can find out about paint and handles etc as I want new brass handles (but I will keep the originals). Anyway, here is the hidden beauty minus the drawer. 


I am getting very excited. There is not much left to do, but I am looking forward to my very first baby shower to be held in a fortnights time. Not really a baby shower in the traditional sense of the word, more like a gathering of family and friends with lots and lots of food and stories to share. Need to do my belly cast before hand as I am thinking that everyone write a message to the baby on the cast... I think that will make a beautiful memory to hang on a wall. Anyway. Here is a snap of a certain cheeky child hiding in the hammock. Till next time.

2 comments:

  1. haha I think we met all of three times so dont worry about it lol! You are right though, Rebecca (hera from JB). Funny hey I could only remember your online name too, Kelly is right though isnt it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am awarding you the stylish Blogger award...
    head to syrenex.blogspot.com to check it out and accept your award...

    *The Rules for accepting the award are:

    * Thank and link back to the person who gave you the award
    * Share 7 things about yourself.
    * Pass this on to 15 other great bloggers you recently discovered.
    * Contact the selected bloggers and tell them about their awards.

    ReplyDelete