Moving house is not a particularly pleasant nor easy thing to do as I am sure most people out there can attest to. The place that we were in for the past 4 years (almost) we had essentially outgrown and it was time to move on. In retrospect, it was a total shoebox... but it was home. I am not a materialistic person. Infact, I could quite happily live in a mud and straw cottage (I think it would be awesome!) if it meant the things most important to me were there aswell. I don't define myself by possessions or money and don't have a lot of either of those things, but I think that being said, has been what has allowed me to cherish the things that are far more valuable. </end philosophical ramblings>
But back to moving... I am glad to say that the place we are now living in is not like said shoebox that we were in previously. It has space.... A view... it feels freeing. See below:
We can see all the way to the city, and all the way to the sand danes on the Island towards to the coast. From up here, everything looks so close. Another thing that is pretty awesome about being here is the wildlife. I want to put up some bird feeders as there are heaps of native birds and parrots, but as well as this, wallabies have come up (as close as our car in the driveway some mornings) to have a look at the new neighbours.
Interestingly enough, it is quite a sight to see my cat interact with all the animals. My cat is a chicken, not literally, but you know what I mean. She is terrfied of the birds because they will squak and literally put her bowl in their beaks and fly off with her food. She literally cowers at the sight of them. As for the wallabies, her expression is one that would only be interpreted as 'WTF is that?!' Cute Kitty.
Last night we were all falling asleep but were startled at the sound of 'popping'. I figured it was fireworks or bungers or something and assumed it was a local house having a party. When we got up this is what we saw from our verandah:
The kids were spellbound. It must have been amazing because they stopped killing eachother and were quiet for the duration of the display. They brought out their doona and watched the colours fly up in the sky and POP as they exploded like a fountain in the air. Was very cool.
I am marinating on a rant... its to do with that Adam Lambert song 'For Your Entertainment'. It makes me feel sick thinking about it, and I just ate chocolate cake so I will leave it till I have an empty stomach...




Well hello there lovely!! So nice to 'see' you :) remember me?
ReplyDelete